Upgrade elasticsearch.jar from 1.7.5 to 2.3.5

Hi,

I have upgraded the client(elasticsearch.jar) from 1.7.5 to 2.3.5
One of the major changes was "org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient". In 1.7.5 version org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient had public constructor with no arg constructor.
In my applicationContext-search.xml, earlier we had
</>bean id="transportClient" class="org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient"/>
which was replaced to
"bean id="transportClient" class="org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient" factory-method="builder">
/bean>
bean id="transportClient1" factory-bean="transportClient" factory-method="build" >
/bean>"

Now when i start my service that invokes elastic search i end up in the following error
[01 Sep 2016 15:14:27,390] WARN [] [elasticsearch[Carolyn Trainer][transport_client_worker][T#1]{New I/O worker #1}] [org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.NettyTransport] [Carolyn Trainer] exception caught on transport layer [[id: 0xfaea1184, /127.0.0.1:63786 => localhost/127.0.0.1:9300]], closing connection
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler.handleException(MessageChannelHandler.java:207)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler.handlerResponseError(MessageChannelHandler.java:202)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler.messageReceived(MessageChannelHandler.java:136)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:70)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$DefaultChannelHandlerContext.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:791)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:296)
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:462)
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.callDecode(FrameDecoder.java:443)
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.messageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:303)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:70)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:559)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:268)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:255)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:88)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:337)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89)
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178)
at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)
at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Elastic search set up is one node in the development environment.
Can someone help me whats happening here ?

Regards,
Maney

Please format your code using </> icon. It will make your post more readable.

Are you trying to communicate with a node running another version than 2.3 with this code?

Hi,

I'm a first timer here and will take care of tags in future.
Yes, the server is running on 1.3.2 and i'm using the client i.e, elasticsearch-2.3.5.jar.

Regards,
Maney

You can't mix major versions like this.

Hello dadoonet,
My wrong. Your suggestion solved my issue.
I was running the client (elasticsearch.jar) on 2.3.5 and the server on 1.3.2.
Now i have upgraded server to 2.3.5 and things are up n working. Appreciate your help :slight_smile:

Regards,
Maney