Upgrade from 1.7 to 5.5

need some help in upgrading elsticsearch 1.7 to 5.5 in single VM enviroment

I want to upgrade my production elasticsearch 1.7 version to 5.5 version
-> I found out the below links https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/reindex-upgrade.html

Here we have 2 options:
I wanted to go with Upgrading with reindex-from-remote but issue what faced is we have only one VM.

I will not able to install new elasticsearch-5.5 because we have 1.7 installed .

Can you please suggest me how can I upgrade elasticseach from 1.7 to 5.5 without losing my data in single VM?

Hi,

as the document states, you should take the first option and update to 2.4.x in the first place and reindex the existing indices. After this you can do the switch to 5.5.

If you insist on using the single jump update with the reindex-from-remote, you have to install the elasticsearch 5.5.0 release with custom port/cluster/data.path settings on the same machine and run them side by side. But be prepared for issues, as this will require lots of memory.

Thanks Comradin, I tried upgrading to 2.4 (then will move to 5.5 ).
And I am using Elasticsearch Migration Plugin for re-indexing.
Issue I am facing with existing indices:

curl -XGET 'localhost:9200/_cat/indices?v&pretty'
health status index pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size
yellow open .kibana 5 1 9 0 41.3kb 41.3kb
yellow open logstash-2017.07.20 5 1 2148 0 634.5kb 634.5kb
yellow open .reindex-status 1 1 0 0 159b 159b

It is show health for all indices as yellow and plugin will not work until it moves to green.
What it the reason for yellow status of indices.

Can you please help in this how can I re-index my existing indexes.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.