Upgrade to Elastic 8.0.0 (Windows Zip package)

Thanks lusynda!

I did not work for me. I have tried various combinations. From setting the services to run and assigned ownership to the keystore file as Networks Service to a proper Domain System Account. It made no differences.

Something that my colleague said, “When the Null Hypothesis cannot be proven then the Alternative Hypothesis must be true”.

Is it possible that “elasticsearch-service-x64” is not working properly?

From the following Observations

bin\elasticsearch -V
Version: 8.1.0, Build: default/zip/3700f7679f7d95e36da0b43762189bab189bc53a/2022-03-03T14:20:00.690422633Z, JVM: 17.0.2

bin\elasticsearch-service-x64.exe

Exception in thread "main" org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.BootstrapException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Keystore passphrase required but none provided.
Likely root cause: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Keystore passphrase required but none provided.
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.BootstrapUtil.readPassphrase(BootstrapUtil.java:48)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.BootstrapUtil.lambda$loadSecureSettings$0(BootstrapUtil.java:60)
at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.KeyStoreWrapper.bootstrap(KeyStoreWrapper.java:213)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.BootstrapUtil.loadSecureSettings(BootstrapUtil.java:60)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.BootstrapUtil.loadSecureSettings(BootstrapUtil.java:55)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:301)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:166)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:157)
at org.elasticsearch.common.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:81)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:112)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:77)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:122)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:80)

Peeking at the “elasticsearch-service.bat”, I cannot find the option to provide this, nor any indications that argument can be passed to “elasticsearch-service-x64.exe”. Is there a place to specify this via “elasticsearch-service.bat manager”.
Am I really missing something?

Thanks!