Per the opening of x-pack, I've tried to upgrade to it with my current cluster. I perhaps did not do enough research into what's involved but here I am.
I have a trial license and ES version 6.1.
Here's what I did:
- Disabled shard routing allocation
- Performed a sync-flush
- Set indices to read-only (<-- might be my problem)
- Stopped elasticsearch on all nodes, installed x-pack
- Set a bootstrap.password (
/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-keystore remove bootstrap-password --stdin)
- Confirmed it was working with an
/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/x-pack/setup-passwords interactivetimed out after prompting for passwords
- Basic authentication with bootstrap password now fails.
- All of the cluster is now down.
Logs I managed to pull without my brain exploding:
Pretty stuck from where to go from here. Am I screwed with my data even if I upgrade to Elastic 6.2? Is the new open version of x-pack only available on 6.3?