Use Tool tip with Grid Aggregations on Map

Hello Everyone,

I'm using maps in Kibana, precisely the Grid Aggregations because I'll like to see my hits with circle markers whose size depends of the count. But I'd also like to see some informations on the tooltip of those circles (client name etc.) and not only the count. I saw that the tooltip feature is available with the Documents data source but not with the Grid Aggregation one.
I've tried to create 2 different layers with the 2 data sources but couldn't manage to get what I want.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Best regards,

BO

Grid aggregations return aggregated results for all documents in the grid. That means that you can not show values from individual documents because the only available data is aggregated metrics for all documents in the grid. You can however add additional metrics, which will be shown in the tooltip. In the example below, count, top clientip, and average bytes are being calculated for each grid. These metrics are also displayed in the tooltip. Top clientip is "73.105.236.24" and represents 5% of the documents in the grid. This means that 95% of the documents in the grid do not have "73.105.236.24" value for the "clientip" field.

Use document layer to show individual documents. By showing individual documents, you can show individual field values from each document.

I'm using maps in Kibana, precisely the Grid Aggregations because I'll like to see my hits with circle markers whose size depends of the count

When using the document layer, you can size markers by any numeric field property. In the example below, the marker size is larger for HTTP events with larger payloads and smaller for HTTP events with smaller payloads.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.