User Agent Filter Not Working

I'm not sure what happend but in my migration from 7.0 to 7.2, the user agent filter has stopped identifying properly. For example, given the following user agent mozilla/5.0 (windows nt 10.0; win64; x64; rv:69.0) gecko/20100101 firefox/69.0 and the following pipeline config:

useragent {
      source => "clientrequestuseragent"
      target => "[client][user_agent]"
    }

I get the following values:

I've even tried grabbing the raw regexes.yaml file and specifying it in my useragent config but it makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Case sensitivity.

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0"

gets parsed as

"user_agent" => {
          "build" => "",
             "os" => "Windows",
         "device" => "Other",
           "name" => "Firefox",
          "minor" => "0",
          "major" => "69",
        "os_name" => "Windows"
    }

Folding it to lowercase results in everything being Other.

Well crap. If I lowercase the regexes file, will that resolve the issue or is there something else in the plugin that prevents that from working?

If the regexps only use \d, \s, -, . then it could work. Obviously if any of them \W or another uppercase pattern then folding the regexp would change its meaning.

1 Like

Aww crap....I totally forgot about all that...I opened the file in Notepad++, selected everything, and hit lowercase. It's working now...but there may be some that are not working right.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.