Using ElasticSerach 8 via Docker without certificate

Today my team works with Elasticsearch (6.8) through a Docker machine, connecting via HTTP (php curl), just to test our system and the integration with Elasticsearch.

We tried to use the Elasticsearch 8 image on Docker, but this version requires creating a certificate, accessing via HTTPS, authentication keys, various items.

Is there a way to install version 8 as simply as possible, just so we can test without having to change all our source code?

You should be able to add the following settings in the compose file or on the command line ..

xpack.security.enabled: false
xpack.security.enrollment.enabled: false

Of course I now should say... Securing your Elasticsearch is best practice :slight_smile: ... there is a full compose that does this all in one step..

Note : This worked for me

--
version: '3'
services:
  elasticsearch:
    container_name: es01
    image: docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch:${TAG}
    environment: ['ES_JAVA_OPTS=-Xms2g -Xmx2g','bootstrap.memory_lock=true','discovery.type=single-node','xpack.security.enabled=false', 'xpack.security.enrollment.enabled=false']
    ports:
      - 9200:9200
    networks:
      - elastic
    ulimits:
      memlock:
        soft: -1
        hard: -1
      nofile:
        soft: 65536
        hard: 65536

kibana:
    image: docker.elastic.co/kibana/kibana:${TAG}
    container_name: kib01
    environment:
      XPACK_APM_SERVICEMAPENABLED: "true"
      XPACK_ENCRYPTEDSAVEDOBJECTS_ENCRYPTIONKEY: aaaaaaaa-c4d3-4a0a-8290-2abcb83ab3aa

ports:
      - 5601:5601
    networks:
      - elastic

networks:
  elastic:
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.