Using kill -1 pid to force logstash to reload the configuration file does not take effect

I use the following method to make the logstash reload configuration file, but did not take effect, what is the reason?
My logstash version: 5.1.1
The method comes from https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/reloading-config.html#_how_automatic_config_reloading_works

I have the same issue since updating to 5.1.1
I've been using this feature since it was released. But since updating to the latest version it has stopped working. I have to restart the service to get the new configuration loaded.

1 Like

First,thank you very much!
Meaning from 2.3 to 5.0 version can use the kill -1 command to send a SIGHUP signal to the logstash process to reload the configuration file?

It worked in the version before, 5.0.2, and every other version before that. But since I updated to 5.1.1, it's stopped working.

In my logs it shows [2016-12-14T08:40:13,897][WARN ][logstash.runner ] SIGHUP received. every time I reload the process. That's normal even from before the update but it use to show a chunk of the configuration that was changed right after. Now it doesn't. It's like it doesn't see any change in the configuration or just doesn't look.

It'd be worth raising this on Github - github.com/elastic/logstash/issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today, I tried to use 5.0.0, it can really work, the version is indeed the problem, very grateful!

Thank you:slight_smile:

Just opened an issue on github #6417

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.