Cluster setup is complete and everything seems to be working except a warning which is shown on the elasticsearch server.
Here are the details of my cluster
- 5 nodes (4 masters, 1 data)
- Gold subscription license applied
- SSL and HTTPS configured (Godaddy)
- Single certificate with multiple SAN used
- Testing from browser displays ok (Browser shows certificate is valid)
- Testing using openssl shows ok (No validation errors)
[openssl s_client -showcerts -host mynode1.xxx.com -port 9200]
Below warning is shown on the elasticsearch server. Interesting factor is that the IP (10.10.171.205) shown below is not from my cluster. What is the reason for this warning and how can I avoid this?
Exception at server:
caught exception while handling client http traffic, closing connection [id: 0x6c20770e, L:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:9200 ! R:/10.10.171.205:63966]
io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: bad_certificate
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: bad_certificate