Hello, elastic community,
I have a new index and I'm writing small data daily to this index. I want to achieve lifecycle management for this index and about that, I thought since this is a really small index can I configure lifecycle management like this?
- Keep the index in hot phase for a year then rollover to a new index and move the old index to the cold phase.
If it was a big index I would go with recommended defaults which are "rollover if the index is 30 days old or any primary shard's size > 50GB"
- Even if I use the same index for writing/reading for a year, the index size won't pass 100GB.
- This index will be in production and it is a highly used environment
My questions are:
- Can I use the same index for a year with keeping that index in the hot phase? Is it okay for cluster/index health?
- Is this gonna trouble me in the future? about performance issues?
- Since there won't be any date implementation on the index name, am I going to search fastly on this index?