Version Incompatibility Logstash and Opensearch service Elastic

I am trying to bring up logstash in kubernetes using the v7.16.1 chart and connecting to v7.4 elasticsearch that is an aws opensearch service. According to the compatibility matrix, this should be fine. but I am seeing this error in the pod logs:
Unable to retrieve license information from license server {:message=>"Could not connect to a compatible version of Elasticsearch"

Should I be using something like the logstash opensearch plugin? I assumed I would not need this because I am still using elastic, not opensearch.

OpenSearch/OpenDistro are AWS run products and differ from the original Elasticsearch and Kibana products that Elastic builds and maintains. You may need to contact them directly for further assistance.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Hi cgcats,

It sounds like you are using AWS OpenSearch and not Elasticsearch. We have a post here that explains the differences as it can be confusing. I would suggest giving the logstash opensearch plugin a try instead as you suggest, and reaching out on the OpenSearch forums for help.

Best of luck!

Carly

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.