we are experiencing really bad performance of our search and agreggation queries and would appreciate any kind of help and advice how to improve our ElasticSearch setup.
- 26GB RAM (from 70GB on the server)
- 2 CPUs
- on a Windows VM inside a storage system
- 1 node
- 36.000.000 documents with 350 GB storage size
- 5 shards
- one type with 700 fields (unfortunatly quiete sparse), mainly keyword and text fields
- A search like match all with no filter is fast.
- A search with match all and a native script plugin used as a filter is very slow (> 1 minute)
- Term aggregations on either integer, keyword or text fields (with fielddata) is very slow (> 2 minutes), if combined with the native script plugin its even slower.
We noticed that CPU usage increases to 100% whilst performing this queries and blocks any other query execution.
Also one query is send after the other, so its not like we are sending many queries at the same time.
We are thankful for any tipps and let us know if you need further information.