Visualize ratio in % over time

Hi everyone,

I am currently using Kibana Version 6.3.2. I am stuck with a little problem and therefore appreciate every help. I am not coming from the tech-site, so please excuse wrong wordings.

Problem
My log-data contains an order-deadline (date) and a second date, which states when the order was finished. The aim is to do a visualization of the number of missed Deadlines (in % !!! ) over time.

Current Situation
In order to know if the deadline was missed I created the following scripted field:

def i = (doc['deadline'].date.getMillis() - doc['date'].date.getMillis()) / 3600000;
if (i < 0)
{return "deadline missed";}
return "deadline not missed";

The scripted field works fine. But since Kibana does not support filtering for scripted fields, I cannot use Visual Builder or Timelion to show the number in %. Using a pie chart does not help me since I do want to show it changed over time.

Have you got any other idea how I could get to the desired solution? Have I missed something?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Right now your scripted field is a string. If you return the field as a number, you should be able to use a field formatter to format the number as a percentage.

Thank you very much. Now it works properly!

Great, glad to be of help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.