Waiting for input plugin, Dropping events to unblock input plugin, Pipeline terminated

Hi Elastic team,

I was working in the next post "Locate json field with jsonpath (logstash) - #2 by Badger" and despite the code works, i have the next error when the position of the json value change:

[2022-11-15T09:30:17,191][WARN ][logstash.javapipeline    ][log_trans] Waiting for input plugin to close {:pipeline_id=>"log_trans", :thread=>"#<Thread:0x7371c607@/home/logstash/logstash-7.12.0/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:54 run>"}
[2022-11-15T09:30:18,192][WARN ][logstash.javapipeline    ][log_trans] Waiting for input plugin to close {:pipeline_id=>"log_trans", :thread=>"#<Thread:0x7371c607@/home/logstash/logstash-7.12.0/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:54 run>"}
[2022-11-15T09:30:19,202][ERROR][logstash.javapipeline    ][log_trans] Dropping events to unblock input plugin {:pipeline_id=>"log_trans", :count=>125, :thread=>"#<Thread:0x7371c607@/home/logstash/logstash-7.12.0/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:54 run>"}
[2022-11-15T09:30:19,304][ERROR][logstash.javapipeline    ][log_trans] Dropping events to unblock input plugin {:pipeline_id=>"log_trans", :count=>1, :thread=>"#<Thread:0x7371c607@/home/logstash/logstash-7.12.0/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:54 run>"}
[2022-11-15T09:30:27,750][INFO ][logstash.javapipeline    ][log_trans] Pipeline terminated {"pipeline.id"=>"log_trans"}

This error kill the pipeline and i have to restart all logstash because don't start the pipeline on its own.

Hi Every one,

I replied the error in my personal enviroment, and i could extract more information about the error.

[2022-11-17T14:10:06,662][ERROR][logstash.javapipeline    ][main] Pipeline worker error, the pipeline will be stopped {:pipeline_id=>"main", :error=>"", :exception=>Java::JavaLang::NullPointerException, :backtrace=>["org.logstash.config.ir.compiler.EventCondition$Compiler$UnexpectedTypeException.getUnexpectedTypeDetails(EventCondition.java:693)", "org.logstash.config.ir.compiler.EventCondition$Compiler$UnexpectedTypeException.<init>(EventCondition.java:681)", "org.logstash.config.ir.compiler.EventCondition$Compiler.compare(EventCondition.java:453)", "org.logstash.config.ir.compiler.EventCondition$Compiler.lambda$compareFieldToConstant$11(EventCondition.java:444)", "org.logstash.config.ir.compiler.Utils.filterEvents(Utils.java:47)", "org.logstash.generated.CompiledDataset3.compute(Unknown Source)", "org.logstash.generated.CompiledDataset2.compute(Unknown Source)", "org.logstash.generated.CompiledDataset2.compute(Unknown Source)", "org.logstash.generated.CompiledDataset2.compute(Unknown Source)", "org.logstash.generated.CompiledDataset4.compute(Unknown Source)", "org.logstash.generated.CompiledDataset2.compute(Unknown Source)", "org.logstash.generated.CompiledDataset2.compute(Unknown Source)", "org.logstash.generated.CompiledDataset2.compute(Unknown Source)", "org.logstash.generated.CompiledDataset5.compute(Unknown Source)", "org.logstash.config.ir.CompiledPipeline$CompiledUnorderedExecution.compute(CompiledPipeline.java:329)", "org.logstash.config.ir.CompiledPipeline$CompiledUnorderedExecution.compute(CompiledPipeline.java:323)", "org.logstash.execution.WorkerLoop.run(WorkerLoop.java:83)", "jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(Unknown Source)", "java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)", "java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)", "org.jruby.javasupport.JavaMethod.invokeDirectWithExceptionHandling(JavaMethod.java:441)", "org.jruby.javasupport.JavaMethod.invokeDirect(JavaMethod.java:305)", "org.jruby.java.invokers.InstanceMethodInvoker.call(InstanceMethodInvoker.java:32)", "mnt.c.adx.Proyectos.logstash.logstash_minus_7_dot_12_dot_0.logstash_minus_core.lib.logstash.java_pipeline.RUBY$block$start_workers$5(/mnt/c/adx/Proyectos/logstash/logstash-7.12.0/logstash-core/lib/logstash/java_pipeline.rb:295)", "org.jruby.runtime.CompiledIRBlockBody.callDirect(CompiledIRBlockBody.java:138)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:58)", "org.jruby.runtime.IRBlockBody.call(IRBlockBody.java:52)", "org.jruby.runtime.Block.call(Block.java:139)", "org.jruby.RubyProc.call(RubyProc.java:318)", "org.jruby.internal.runtime.RubyRunnable.run(RubyRunnable.java:105)", "java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)"], :thread=>"#<Thread:0x3a863873 sleep>"}
[2022-11-17T14:10:06,668][INFO ][filewatch.observingtail  ][main] QUIT - closing all files and shutting down.
[2022-11-17T14:10:06,670][WARN ][logstash.javapipeline    ][main] Waiting for input plugin to close {:pipeline_id=>"main", :thread=>"#<Thread:0x3a863873 run>"}
[2022-11-17T14:10:07,815][INFO ][logstash.javapipeline    ][main] Pipeline terminated {"pipeline.id"=>"main"}

I hope that this help.

Thanks

That looks a lot like this.

1 Like

Thanks @Badger, yes i should be very carefully when i apply the if condition, if the value doesn't match and logstash don't find in the excecution order, happens this exception.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.