Warm node is failing to connecting with master node

I am migrating single-node cluster to multi node. I have started up with setting up basic security on master node using this link.

As mentioned in point 2 i have copied the output file to the warm node and i have saved the password used for it using keystore how ever i am seeing warnings on the newly added node as follows.

[2023-01-05T08:41:17,651][WARN ][o.e.c.s.DiagnosticTrustManager] [ip-10-0-63-228] failed to establish trust with server at [10.0.62.242]; the server provided a certificate with subject name [CN=instance] and fingerprint [1dc00a7e2beb808224b7b5aca01618a379183f16]; the certificate does not have any subject alternative names; the certificate is issued by [CN=Elastic Certificate Tool Autogenerated CA]; the certificate is signed by (subject [CN=Elastic Certificate Tool Autogenerated CA] fingerprint [514ad69b5a3382dba2d1ccbd698ab144ac57207c] {trusted issuer}) which is self-issued; the [CN=Elastic Certificate Tool Autogenerated CA] certificate is trusted in this ssl context ([xpack.security.transport.ssl])
java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names present

my bad i am able to fix the issue. All that i am missing is this configuration line in the warm node

xpack.security.transport.ssl.verification_mode: certificate

after adding it in both nodes it started connecting fine.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.