1. No warmer -> very slow first parent / child query
  2. Warmer -> very slow replication

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, James.

--

Just bumping this in the hope that someone may see it and have a
suggestion...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Warmers don't slow replication down, replication will take the same time. If you still have the refresh interval to 1 second, then when you index, the warmers will be executed every time the index gets refreshed, which will add more load on the nodes, which will slow down indexing because of the extra load. Thats the main reason why we allow to disable warmers, specifically when doing initial bulk indexing.

On Jan 28, 2013, at 4:56 PM, James Smith jamessm87654@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

Could anyone please tell me if they would expect the presence of a parent / child query warmer to slow replication down greatly? (From ~5 minutes to ~30 minutes for 12gb of data.)

It is recommended to disable the warmer before bulk indexing, and I wonder if this applies to replication as well?

I believe this is what we are seeing, and if so, it causes us a problem around introducing nodes into a cluster in a live environment, as we must choose between:

1. No warmer -> very slow first parent / child query
  2. Warmer -> very slow replication

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, James.

--

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.