Watcher Could not connect to SMTP host

Hi All,

I have recently got free elastic cloud trial. I am trying to create simple watcher that would send an emails, but it is failing on email sending stage
I have whitelisted needed email addresses, but error seems to be not related to the addresses but to some conf problem

"actions": [
{
"id": "email_administrator",
"type": "email",
"status": "failure",
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "messaging_exception",
"reason": "failed to send email with subject [Encountered logins] via account [work]"
}
],
"reason": "failed to send email with subject [Encountered logins] via account [work]",
"caused_by": {
"reason": "Could not connect to SMTP host: dockerhost, port: 10025, response: -1"
}
}
}
]
I can not find any solution to my problem in the forum
Thank you!

have you configured your own email account? You should not need to configure anything after the whitelisting is done. Just remove any account configuration and restart the cluster.

--Alex

1 Like

I am on the cloud. It looks like it uses its own SMTP server. What do you mean by my own email account? What configuration should be made there? I do not have any email configuration except my normal email address here: https://cloud.elastic.co/#/account/email-settings/

can you try not setting any account in your watch when sending an email?

Thanks Alexander,

I have next watcher, can you please show what account should be removed or changed

`PUT _xpack/watcher/watch/test
{
"input": {
"search": {
"request": {
"indices": [
"smarp"
],
"body": {
"query": {
"match_all": {

}
      }
    }
  }
}

},
"condition": {
"script": "for (def item : ctx.payload.hits.hits) {if (item.status == 'success') {return true;}}"

},
"trigger": {
"schedule": {
"interval": "30s"
}
},
"actions": {

"email_administrator": {
  "throttle_period": "15m",
  "email": {
    "to": "ekaterina.tsapaeva@smarp com",
    "subject": "Encountered {{ctx.payload.shards.total}} logins",
    "body": "",
    "attachments": {
      "attached_data": {
        "data": {
          "format": "json"
        }
      }
    },
    "priority": "high"
  }
}

}
}`

Hey,

I just reread that you are on cloud. so you can file a ticket through the cloud customer support for further help, they should be able to get you going!

--Alex

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.