Watcher EmailAction throwing Exception

Hello Team,
Version Used: 7.4
I am facing the following issue while working with Elasticsearch watcher Email Action .

"condition": {
      "type": "compare",
      "status": "success",
      "met": true,
      "compare": {
        "resolved_values": {
          "ctx.payload.hits.total": 38
        }
      }
    },
    "actions": [
      {
        "id": "log",
        "type": "logging",
        "status": "success",
        "logging": {
          "logged_text": "WARNING ON eaas index executed at 2020-03-16T06:33:15.652Z"
        }
      },
      {
        "id": "send_email",
        "type": "email",
        "status": "failure",
        "error": {
          "root_cause": [
            {
              **"type": "settings_exception",**
**              "reason": "missing required email account setting for account [gmail_account]. 'smtp.host' must be configured**"
            }
          ],
          "type": "settings_exception",
          "reason": "missing required email account setting for account [gmail_account]. 'smtp.host' must be configured"
        }
      }
    ]
  },
  "messages": []

I have used below configuration in elasticsearch.yml file to do this
xpack.notification.email.account:
    outlook_account:
        profile: outlook
        smtp:
            auth: true
            starttls.enable: true
            host: smtp-mail.outlook.com
            port: 587
            user: email.address

I am facing issue due to 'gmail' eventhough I have used outlook in configuration file.One thing that i have started to try this with gmail account and later changed it into outlook. I have restarted the services after this. Do I need to update anything else here to solve this. It would be great to help me out on this. Please let me know if I need to share more info on this.

you have configured an email account named outlook_account (which can be an arbitrary name), you refer in your watch to an account named gmail_account

Also make sure you update your confguration on all nodes and restart, if you are using the configuration file.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.