Watcher Exception without using Watcher

HI, I'm having below exception in elasticsearch, of course, problems goes away once I grant permission to elasticsearch account. But since I'm not using Watcher, and I didn't install the plugin, why is watcher throwing exceptions? and the script folder is empty. Thanks.
I'm using ElasticSearch 2.4, with Marvel installed.

failed to run scheduled task [org.elasticsearch.watcher.ResourceWatcherService$ResourceMonitor@4e287f0c] on thread pool [same]
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "/etc/elasticsearch/scripts" "read")
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:372)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:559)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:549)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:888)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.checkRead(UnixPath.java:795)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.checkAccess(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:290)
at java.nio.file.Files.exists(Files.java:2328)
at org.elasticsearch.watcher.FileWatcher$FileObserver.checkAndNotify(FileWatcher.java:93)
at org.elasticsearch.watcher.FileWatcher.doCheckAndNotify(FileWatcher.java:70)
at org.elasticsearch.watcher.AbstractResourceWatcher.checkAndNotify(AbstractResourceWatcher.java:44)
at org.elasticsearch.watcher.ResourceWatcherService$ResourceMonitor.run(ResourceWatcherService.java:187)
at org.elasticsearch.threadpool.ThreadPool$ReschedulingRunnable.doRun(ThreadPool.java:1057)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37)
at org.elasticsearch.threadpool.ThreadPool$LoggingRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:668)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745

Hey,

the ResourceWatcherService is not a component from watcher, but an Elasticsearch component that watches resources (as in files and directories) to trigger reloading, if on-disk information has changed. This service needs to have read access to the directories it is monitoring. The scripts directory is one of those.

Hope this helps!

--Alex

got it! thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.