Watcher is firing twice for the same watch

Hi there,

I have 1 or 2 watchers that I'm having issues with right now. It is set to trigger once every 30 minutes with a time range of now-30m. For some reason, they are firing twice and I have no idea why. At first i thought i duplicated the watchers so I copied my watch somewhere deleted the watch ID everywhere i could see it. Created a new one and it worked!!!....................... for couples of days maybe 2. It's firing twice again... Can you help me figure out what is going on...

Looks pretty similar to this topic but there is no solution, I tried to take a look at the watch history but I'm not sure what to look for :

Hey @Maxime_Poirier-Journ,

This pained me for quite a while. I recreated the problematic watches a few times, to no avail. It eventually stopped duplicating after a few cluster restarts during updates... (currently on 6.2.2). Nothing else I tried worked, and elastic support couldn't replicate the issue.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
James

@jamesspi Interesting :thinking: our clusters are "rotating/updating" as well . Could this be the issue :open_mouth: I will wait until updates are done and report back thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Hey,

I highly advise to update to the latest 6.x.y release, as we fixed a number of issues around that in there. We kept the wrong state around for cluster state updates, which could fail to trigger a proper reload of the scheduled watches on one node.

--Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Our version is 6.1, I guess it matches the 6.x.y. I will wait until cluster updates are done.

sorry for not being clear on my end, you should upgrade to 6.2.2.

Thanks @spinscale! I was told this wasn't a bug, but assumed something was done in 6.2.2 anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.