Web-UI for Logstash filter development

Hi guys,

At work, we use Logstash a lot, and spend way more time than we should creating parsing for complex log format ..

To help us, I created a little web app, that I decided to release lately in open-source, now that it is stable enough.

You may find :

The idea is as following : abstract the I/O part (input & output), to be able to focus on the productive part : the filter = the parsing of the log in itself. Once the filter set-up and working for the log sample you provided, you only need to apply it in your Logstash instance(s) (either manually, or though the central pipeline management)

It's not some clean code, I made some questionable choices ; but it work, and should be pretty stable.

So if that can permit you to speed-up your development process (especially for newcomers in the Logstash world), feel free to check it out, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions ! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Not all hero's wear capes but you should

1 Like

I do not know how to say thank you my friend.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Thank you very much, that's why I posted it here, I'm willing to help a maximum of person with this little tool :slight_smile:

If you want to help me in a concrete way, feel free to let a like on the Github repository, and report any bugs you faced or improvements you would like!

does this works only on docker?
I am trying to install this on my dedicated elk test machine. running centos 7.x

For now yes, the mini 'tuto' is available on the here

If the requirements are met (docker / docker-compose), should work flawlessly :slight_smile:

I migrated to full docker for security reason (live demo), was only some raw Logstash cli exec before that, but will probably maintains in the futur the two solution (Docker & non-Docker), as Docker slow the process down ~20-30%

I don't know how to do it or somehow can't find on how do I install this in to my dedicated system. no running docker.

What don't you know to do?

Currently, Docker is a hard requirement - > you need it to make all of this work.

hmm, I don't have docker setup. I guess that means it won't work for me.

Yeah sadly, in current state of the project, it won't work without Docker.

Don't know when I will have time to do that, but I created an issue that you may track here if you want.

:+1:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.