Weird behavior after changing time slot

Hi all,

And thanks for your time,
I'm currently using : kibana-6.5.4-linux-x86_64 with elasticsearch-6.5.4
My server is a CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804
I'm using Google Chrome 71 on Windows 10
And I installed ELK after downloading the tar.gz on the web

I have simply tried to create a Gauge using Visual Builder but it does seem to work as expected
I created a single 'Count' grouping by 'Terms' let's call it 'StatusConnection' and I've got all my different gauges at 0 with the time slot 'Today'. If I now set this time slot at 'Last 12hours' all my different gauges show me a number
(Tested at 5pm so the filters 'last 12 hours' and 'today' are supposed to look at the same data)

Thanks for your help
Regards

Hi there, would you mind sharing a screenshot of each scenario so I can better understand your issue?

Morning and thanks for answering,
Sorry if I wasn't clear
Find below 2 screen shots :

and

So the question is, why 7 (3+1+1+2) items are found in the 'last 4 hours' (from 5am to 9am) but 0 for 'Today'
Thanks

Thanks, Guillaume! I just learned that this is due to a UX flaw in TSVB. Essentially, the last bucket is what's displayed in the non-chart visualizations, such as Gauge for example. So though you've picked "Today", you're not seeing all of the results from that entire time range; just the last bucket. This issue tracks the problem: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/13730.

Thanks,
CJ

Thank you !

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.