When I'm trying to install logstash 6. 0 .0

When I'm trying to install logstash i.e I have unzipped the directory in c:\Program Files and I have created sample.conf and I tried to run that sample.conf file using bin/logstash -f sample.conf but it is throwing me following error

bin' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

if you're running bin/logstash -f sample.conf bash is trying to look in your current directory for a bin directory and then for the logstash binary inside of that. i'm guessing it can't find it. you need to give it an absolute path to wherever the binary is. i installed with apt-get, so mine is /usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash

When I'm trying to install logstash i.e I have unzipped the directory in c:\Program Files and I have created sample.conf and I tried to run that sample.conf file using bin/logstash -f sample.conf but it is throwing me following error

Those instructions assume that the Logstash installation directory is the current directory in your command prompt. Since you're on Windows using a backslash instead of a forward slash would be more correct, although I think either would work in this case.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.