When the featur of Index Sorting will become official GA features?

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/index-modules-index-sorting.html

As we know, Index Sorting is an important feature in some case like query top records order by some field(create_time etc). Lucene had released this feature since version 6.5. Recently,I want to use Index Sorting in product, but as we know "
This functionality is in beta and is subject to change.".

My question is that is any problems we have not solve about this feature ?

This functionality is in beta and is subject to change. The design and code is considered to be less mature than official GA features. Elastic will take a best effort approach to fix any issues, but beta features are not subject to the support SLA of official GA features.

I'm not aware of any major, outstanding issues with Index Sorting.

I don't have a timeline when it will be moved to proper GA... we tend to add those tags to new or big changes, to give us latitude to make changes if we discover a problem. We try not to make breaking changes if at all possible, and the tag does not mean we are intending to change it.

Sorry that was a bit vague. But as far as I know there aren't any major issues or changes in the pipeline for Index Sorting :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.