Which version of elastic search is compatible with kibana?

I'm trying to developed logs monitoring pipeline for 200 different application logs on tomcat server. I want to use these tools in my EcoSystem development (Filebeat, logstash, elasticsearch & kibana)
I have these configurations;

Operation System: RHEL 6.2
Internet Access; Not Available.

Please suggest me the right tools configuration for this.

For product compatibility, have a look at the support matrix. Apart from this I suspect your question is far too wide for anyone to be able to give a good answer, so try to be more specific and provide more details. What have you tried so far?

hi @Christian_Dahlqvist,

Thank you for replying. i have RHEL 6.2 (64-bit) os without any internet connection as a development server.
I need to setup an pipeline. i setup

Filebeat version - 5.4.0 
Logstash version - 5.4.0
Elastic-search version - 2.6.4 (**because i can't upgrade kernal packages i used ES-2.X.X and latest version have required latest kernal ersion 3.5+**)
Kibana version - 4.6.4 (because only this is the highest version of kibana which is compatible with ES-2.X version)

and i parsed all logs included multiline stacktrace using logstash and push into Elasticsearch successfully. but problem is that when i'm going to use data tables for visualization to represent consolidated log messages. it doesn't showing row logs properly it pick a random words from row and showing count.

suppose, i have these consolidated logs in my row which is stored in Elasticsearch document

Before An Exception was thrown while trying to report the outputs --false
An Exception was thrown while trying to report the outputs --false

then in Kibana its showing only

errMsg    count
An         48
was        40

instead of

errMsg                                                                           count
Before An Exception was thrown while trying to report the outputs --false         48
An Exception was thrown while trying to report the outputs --false                40

if you have any idea then please help me to resolve this issue.

It sounds like you may have an issue with mappings or how you use Kibana. The Ecosystem category is not the right one for this, so please open up an issue under the Kibana category and provide the mappings used for the data as well as a sample document.

hi @Christian_Dahlqvist,

can you provide some help on below topic which is actually related to my current problem.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.