Which will cause the LocalCheckpoint less than GlobalCheckpoint?

https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/blob/master/server/src/main/java/org/elasticsearch/index/seqno/ReplicationTracker.java#L1250

Hi, I have a question about the Local CheckPoint and Global CheckPoint. The Code in line L1250 shows that the LocalCheckpoint less than GlobalCheckpoint. I am confused. I want to know which conditions can cause the LocalCheckpoint less than GlobalCheckpoint?

@ywelsch @jasontedor

Thanks .

It's impolite to ping random people to draw them into a conversation in which they're not already involved. It doesn't mean your question will get any additional attention and may even make it less likely to get an answer. Please don't do that again.

The global checkpoint must be no greater than the local checkpoint of every in-sync shard, but the code you're asking about relates to a shard which is not in-sync.

1 Like

Sorry, I read the code and find the people who write the codes, so I ping them. I think this can give me the correct answer. I will don't do that again

but the code you're asking about relates to a shard which is not in-sync.

I understand that, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.