Why can't I reindex?

Everytime I run the command "rake searchkick:reindex CLASS=Vehicle" I get this error:

Elasticsearch::Transport::Transport::Errors::Forbidden: [403] {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"cluster_block_exception","reason":"blocked by: [FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only / allow delete (api)];"}],"type":"cluster_block_exception","reason":"blocked by: [FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only / allow delete (api)];"},"status":403}

How to fix this?

I searched Google and StackOverflow for answers but they didn't work. Here's what I've tried:

• to insert this line in elasticsearch.yml: "cluster.routing.allocation.disk.threshold_enabled: false"
  • to run "Vehicle.search_index.delete" followed by "Vehicle.reindex" in the console.

Thank you

• Jonas

This is often a sign that you are running out of disk space and have exceeded the flood_stage watermark which by default is set to 95% of disk capacity.

Hello Christian

Thank you for reply.

Do you know of any solution to this?

I look at the page you linked to and I guess that I should place the following lines somewhere.. is it correct? And where?:

PUT /twitter/_settings
{
"index.blocks.read_only_allow_delete": null
}

Thank you

• Jonas

Have you first free up disk space?

Do you mean free disk space on my laptop? On Heroku? On where?
Trying to free up 10 GB on the laptop now..

I get the same error on the local app and on the deployed app.

Just freed up 11 gigabytes... the error persists locally... but seems to work in Heroku now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.