Why match phrase searching is needed when you want to see the results of an analyzer in kibana?

I am using one customize analyzer which resolves issue realated to dot,hypen etc.
but i don't want to search it like EXAMPLE: fieldname:"word to be searched" in kibana so is there any other way to search a word without using above approach.I want to search it directly without using fields.

Hi Diksha, thanks for posting your question. I think I understand what you're asking but I have a few questions to help me clarify my understanding.

1. Can you link me to some information on the dot and hyphen issue you mentioned?
  2. Are you saying you want to search for the presence of "word to be searched" anywhere in a document?
  3. If this is the case, how are you executing your search? Is this in the Dev Tools Console? Or in the search bar in Discover/Visualize/Dashboard?

In Dev Tools Console, you can execute a search query for a query string like this:

GET /_search
{
  "query": { 
    "bool": { 
      "must": [
        { "query_string": { "query": "word to be searched" }}
      ]
    }
  }
}

You can specify fields to search against but by default this search against the special _all field, which concatenates all other field values together.

See the Query String query docs for more info on how to configure this query.

In Discover/Visualize/Dashboard, when you enter a string into the search bar, a Query String query is what gets executed by Kibana. Does this help?

Thanks,
CJ

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.