Windows 10 Install error

Hi,

When I run elasticsearch.bat I get the following error: Could not find or load main class org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch

Thanks
Fraser

How did you install elasticsearch?
What did you download?

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I downloaded the zip file from the elastic.co website. I extracted the zip file. I then tried to run the elasticsearch.bat file in bin directory, as it suggests in the Install directions on the elastic website. I am running the .bat file from the command line. This when I am getting the error. I am an admin on the box.

I have also installed Curl and it doesn't think elastic is running. I also looked at Services that were running and didn't see Elastic.

I also set environment variables PATH to include elasticsearch and JAVA_HOME.

Thanks for your help with these elementary questions. I did try and look around to see if this had been covered. I may have missed it though.

Fraser

Sorry, installed elasticsearch-2.1.1

Thanks

Fraser

Can you copy Elasticsearch to \whatever dir and not under a dir which has spaces in it? In case it helps...

Thanks for the reply. I will copy it to another directory and retry. I don't believe my current one has spaces in it but it does have periods and a hyphen.

Fraser

Hi,

I moved ElasticSearch to C:\ElasticSearch and ran the .bat file and got the same error message as before.

Thanks

Fraser

Hi,

I believe that I have solved the issue. I wiped out the version of Elasticsearch that I downloaded and re-downloaded it. I quickly noticed differences in the file structure of the downloaded version. First time around, the bin directory was underneath the config directory. I thought it was odd at the time. This time, of course, bin is on the same level as config. I would guess that my ultra-sensitive mouse combined with a fat-finger move on my part, accidentally moved the bin directory under the config directory and so the install couldn't find what it was looking for.

During the install, I got a bunch of [Info] messages about publishing port 9300, initialing nodes, cluster.service setting a node master and a node starting. Only two warnings, one was about the jvm and running java with a -server option. The other was a syscall filter that wasn't supported on Windows 10. So it seems like I'm up and running. I'll check with Curl and also download Marvel to make sure.

Thanks for putting up with my elementary questions/problems.

Fraser