[Winlogbeat 7.10.1 dashboards]: could not locate some index pattern fields

Hello,

I am using Elasticsearch, kibana, logstash, and winlogbeat, all version 7.10.1

I configured winlogbeat and run: .\winlogbeat.exe setup -e and I had no error in my winlogbeat logs, but in kibana there are some dashboards working and some of them I am getting errors:

Could not locate that index-pattern-field (id: powershell.connected_user.name) 
Could not locate that index-pattern-field (id: powershell.command.name)

The issue here is that the fields are not found in the index pattern.

• Also when trying to test some PowerShell commands on the beats clients I can see that they are not listed / counted in Kibana!

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,

I think you need to click the refresh button on your Kibana index pattern- if I remember correctly, this is not automatically done with the setup command. Index patterns will automatically refresh starting in 7.11, but not yet.

Thanks @wylie
unfortunately refreshing the index pattern didn't help in this, can you please tell if I can add them (the fields) manually and how?

If you refreshed your index pattern and it's still missing fields, then that means you have a more basic problem. Are you sure that winlogbeat is set up correctly? Have you validated that you are seeing data from winlogbeat in Elastisearch?

yes @wylie I've set up winlogbeat as listed in the documentation, also I've run the command

.\winlogbeat.exe setup -e

again in order to reship the assets (dashboards and index) as advised but with no luck.

Also yes I can see the logs in elasticsearch and most of the visualizations are ok, only the ones I've mentioned.

I can see that other people having same issue here:

Any help in this?

Regards,

Okay, I see. Maybe the built-in dashboards are buggy, or maybe there is a bug in the winlogbeat collection of data. I think asking in the Beats forum like the one you posted will be the right place to look for help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.