Winlogbeat sending sysmon data to kibana

in the kibana dashboard, winlogbeat records the sysmon event and send it to elasticsearch and henceforth to kibana. there are 3 field name on time basis and i am not able to understand the difference between them namely event_data.PreviousCreationUtcTime, event_data.UtcTime and event_data.CreationUtcTime.
Screenshot%20(13)

Hi,

The fields below event_data come from the raw Sysmon event and their meaning seems to depend on the event ID.

For these particular fields I've found: https://www.ultimatewindowssecurity.com/securitylog/encyclopedia/event.aspx?eventid=90002

It indicates that a file's creation time has been changed, being:

• UtcTime: Time the change occurred
  • TargetFilename: Name of the file changed
  • PreviousCreationUtcTime: Previous file creation time.
  • CreationUtcTime: New file creation time.

Hi Adrisr,

Can this data can be manipulated to find out the launch time of a application?

For that you have Event ID 1: Process Creation

Hi,

By launch time i mean how much time it took to open an application and pop up on the screen.
can sysmon and winlogbeat record this kind of data?

I'm no expert, but I don't think Sysmon has support for that, as it is rather application-specific.

hey

i dont think sysmon can provide "latency" in relation to process creation etc. here i would go for another sysinternals tool called procmon

if you google promon latency you get some good pointers

again assuming i understand your problem correctly.

Hi,

Procmon is giving data regarding the process creation but the duration of process creation is 0.000000 which is not theoretically possible. Is relative duration a correct measure to find out the launching time of the application? if yes, can we create logs of this and send the data to kibana through winlogbeat.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.