Winlogbeat

(Fatma) #1

I got an error when I delete winlogbeat for the first time ...

error is : Get-Process : Parameter cannot be processed because the parameter name 'e' is ambiguous. Possible matches include: -Err
orAction -ErrorVariable.
At line:1 char:3

• PS <<<< C:\Program Files\WinLogbeat>.\winlogbeat.exe -c winlogbeat.yml -e -v -d "*"
    • CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:slight_smile: [Get-Process], ParameterBindingException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmbiguousParameter,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetProcessCommand

any help!

(Andrew Kroh) #2

What are you trying to accomplish? Uninstall Winlogbeat? What is the exact command you entered? What OS version is this? What Winlogbeat version are you running?

(Fatma) #3

hello sir

i'm just trying to send beat logs from win 7 to centos 7 ...
winlogbeat 5.6.2
yes i uninstall winlogbeat as service in my win7 machine

I run :

cd "C:\Program Files\Winlogbeat"

powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy UnRestricted -File
.\install-service-winlogbeat.ps1

Start-Service winlogbeat

using powershell

winlogbeat.event_logs:

• name: Application
    ignore_older: 72h

The tags of the shipper are included in their own field with each

transaction published.

#tags: ["service-X", "web-tier"]

Optional fields that you can specify to add additional information to the

output.

#fields:

env: staging

#================================ Outputs

(Andrew Kroh) #4

After starting the service what is in the winlogbeat log file? The log should be in C:\Program Files\Winlogbeat\logs\.

(Fatma) #5

this is log file sir

(Andrew Kroh) #6

I see this in your log.

2017-09-30T15:07:03+03:00 ERR Connecting error publishing events (retrying): Get http://localhost:9200: dial tcp [::1]:9200: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Winlogbeat is unable to connect to Elasticsearch at http://localhost:9200. Probably some kind of firewall or security tool blocking the connection.

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.