[Help] Help about Winogbeat service failure

Hello From Japan

Dear Elastic Engineers, I would like you to check a small problem that occurred in my environment.
My environment is winlogbeat8.11 and I want to send Windows event viewer logs to Elaticsearch.
The configuration including the server environment is as follows.

Client PC Windows10 - winlogbeat8.11
Server Ubuntu22.04 - Elasticsearch8.11& Kibana 8.11

I started the command prompt on the client PC with administrator privileges and was able to successfully install Winlogbeat.

[SC] DeleteService SUCCESS

Status Name Display Name
------ ---- -----------
Stopped winlogbeat winlogbeat

We have confirmed that information is successfully sent to Elasticsearch when you execute the command below.

winlogbeat.exe -c winlogbeat.yml -e

Everything is normal up to this point.
But here comes the problem.

powershell -Command "start-service winlogbeat"

When I try to start Winlogbeat as a service, the following error occurs and the service is forced to close.

start-service : 次のエラーのため、サービス 'winlogbeat (winlogbeat)' を開始できません: コンピューター '.' でサービス 'w
inlogbeat' を開始できません。
発生場所 行:1 文字:1
+ start-service winlogbeat
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service],
   ServiceCommandException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotStartService,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand

I am trying to solve this problem, but deciphering the error message is also not easy for me.
we need your help
Help me

Regards
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.