WIth Search UI, How to change View of the Facet options

Hello again,

I would like to be able to change the text of the facet options.
Situation: Using a meta engine. Each engine making up the meta engine is using webcrawl (for now). I specified URL_Host in facets. What I get in the sidebar is expected, something like this:

Sources
urlx.org
www.someu.edu
ourdocs.atlassian.net

I would like to be able to access these options and map the urls we are indexing to a name so that it looks more like this
X Organization
Some University
Our Docs

So I am thinking that I could override the Facet view, like this

I found an example of a custom facet view, I think.

Does anyone know of any documentation for a custom Facet view, or other examples?

Maybe there is a more straightforward way to accomplish this, perhaps at configuration, and if so, I'd love to understand that!
~ Thanks

There's no easy way to do this that I know of.

You'll need to create a custom facet view to do that.

It's been asked before but I unfortunately don't have any good examples to show.

MultiCheckboxFacet would indeed be an example: search-ui/MultiCheckboxFacet.tsx at master · elastic/search-ui · GitHub

You could likely copy/paste from that facet and amend it as needed to create your own custom view.

1 Like

If you come up with a good example please reshared, we'd love to be able to add it to our docs for future folks or at least have it be referencable here

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.