X-pack error while running elasticsearch

I am seeing some issues with my elasticsearch cluster. I have not installed xpack and i have verified it using elasticsearch plugins list command. Am i doing something wrong here?

I
    6.3.1.jar:6.3.1]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_222]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_222]
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.xpack.monitoring.exporter.ExportException: failed to flush export bulks
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.monitoring.exporter.ExportBulk$Compound.lambda$doFlush$0(ExportBulk.java:156) ~[?:?]
        ... 31 more
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.xpack.monitoring.exporter.ExportException: failed to flush export bulk [default_local]
        ... 30 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: There are no ingest nodes in this cluster, unable to forward request to an ingest node.
        at org.elasticsearch.action.ingest.IngestActionForwarder.randomIngestNode(IngestActionForwarder.java:58) ~[elasticsearch-6.3.1.jar:6.3.1]
        at org.elasticsearch.action.ingest.IngestActionForwarder.forwardIngestRequest(IngestActionForwarder.java:51) ~[elasticsearch-6.3.1.jar:6.3.1]
        at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportBulkAction.doExecute(TransportBulkAction.java:136) ~[elasticsearch-6.3.1.jar:6.3.1]
        at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportBulkAction.doExecute(TransportBulkAction.java:85) ~[elasticsearch-6.3.1.jar:6.3.1]
        at org.elasticsearch.action.support.TransportAction$RequestFilterChain.proceed(TransportAction.java:167) ~[elasticsearch-6.3.1.jar:6.3.1]
        ... 25 more

Looks like you have set node.ingest: false

ingest.node: false or true?

It is set to false on all nodes.

When set to false it is NOT an ingest node.. set it too true should fix your problem...

But i don't understand the concept of having an ingest node. Is it necessary?

Well, according to the error you posted you need one. Of course I don't know your setup.

have a read here about ingest nodes and what they do.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.