X-Pack Security: no pw for beats_system?

Hi all,
thanks for making X-Pack Security free with 7.1.
I am trying to set it up right now.
I don't want to need a password for the monitoirng beats data, so how can I disable the need for a password for the beats_system user ?

Regards,
Marcus

It is not possible to have a user without a password.

What exactly are you trying to achieve here?

Basically I am trying to archive to not needing a password for the beats.
But when this is not possible, let me ask my question in other words:
Which priviliges do I have to give a role named "beats", where the beats are only allowed to write into elasticsearch (with templates, monitoring and everything else, what beats do) but no read rights?

Let's back up a moment.

Why do you want to not have a password for this? I can probably help you solve you problem, but I want to turn on security but then have a user that doesn't need to authenticate doesn't make much sense to me.

If you can explain your reasoning for this, I might be able to get you the answer you need.

I thought it would be able to let a "beat" just push into elastic, so I don't have to edit all configs of my beats in the whole network. But as it is necessary, I only want the beats to be able to write into elastic and let them import dashboards, but no read rights.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.