Xpack - User unauthorized to to curl Health checks

Hello guys,
i succesfully setup Xpack in my ELK-Cluster - now i have to get my monitoring to no throw any errors when checking

/_cluster/health?pretty

So i added a user called "checkmk" with the following command:

bin/elasticsearch-users useradd checkmk -p XXXXXXX -r monitoring_user,kibana_admin

I used the built-in roles from elasticsearch - i thought this might do it's thing - but everytime i try to authenticate with the user (after i restarted elasticsearch) i get the following error:

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"action [cluster:monitor/state] is unauthorized for user [checkmk]"}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"action [cluster:monitor/state] is unauthorized for user [checkmk]"},"status":403}[

Does anybody know what priviliges i have to grant the user to check this? I would not like to give him 'superuser' role.

I'm using ELK v 7.6 and i have not configured any roles on my own by now.

Thanks in advance!

You'll have to assign the built-in remote_monitoring_collector role to your checkmk user, or create a custom role with at least the monitor cluster privilege.

Thanks for the fast solution!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.