Yarn kbn bootstrap fails, A few TS errors occurred!

hi, I pull the code from the github (tag 7.14.0) and then build kibana on windows 10.

Getting started | Kibana Guide [7.15] | Elastic,

my os is windows10 , git bash

but got errors at the step: 'yarn kbn bootstrap'
info [bazel] ERROR: **/packages/kbn-legacy-logging/BUILD.bazel:58:11: Compiling TypeScript project //packages/kbn-legacy-logging:tsc [tsc -p packages/kbn-legacy-logging/tsconfig.json] failed: (Exit 2): tsc.bat failed: error executing command bazel-out/host/bin/external/npm/typescript/bin/tsc.bat --pretty --project packages/kbn-legacy-logging/tsconfig.json --outDir bazel-out/

Hi @nuaazt

welcome to the Kibana community.

I see that the typescript compiler is failing but maybe there's something more that helps the debugging.

Could you enable the verbose mode and paste here the results of the execution?

yarn kbn bootstrap --verbose

that may be helpful to better understand the problem.

it turns out:
info [bazel_tools] installing Bazel tools
and bazel@4.0.0ls] bazelisk is not installed. Installing @bazel/bazelisk@1.7.5
succ [bazel_tools] all bazel tools are correctly installed
info [bazel] Starting local Bazel server and connecting to it...
info [bazel] INFO: Invocation ID: 807805c7-7ad8-4e3d-bf53-2b56cb4936c3
info [bazel] INFO: Analyzed target //packages:build (1943 packages loaded, 75968 targets configured).
info [bazel] INFO: Found 1 target...
info [bazel] ERROR: E:/my_code/kibana/packages/kbn-dev-utils/BUILD.bazel:93:11: Compiling TypeScript project //packages/kbn-dev-utils:tsc [tsc -p packages/kbn-dev-utils/tsconfig.json] failed: (Exit 2): tsc.bat failed: error executing command bazel-out/host/bin/external/npm/typescript/bin/tsc.bat --pretty --project packages/kbn-dev-utils/tsconfig.json --outDir bazel-out/x64_windows-fastbuild/bin/packages/kbn-dev-utils/target --rootDir ... (remaining 6 argument(s) skipped)
info [bazel] packages/kbn-dev-utils/src/stdio/observe_lines.ts:46:22 - error TS2345: Argument of type 'string' is not assignable to parameter of type 'never'.
info [bazel]
info [bazel] 46 lines.push(buffer.slice(0, match.index));
info [bazel] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
info [bazel]
info [bazel]
info [bazel] Found 1 error.
info [bazel]
info [bazel] Target //packages:build failed to build
info [bazel] Use --verbose_failures to see the command lines of failed build steps.
info [bazel] ERROR: E:/my_code/kibana/packages/elastic-eslint-config-kibana/BUILD.bazel:43:8 Assembling npm package packages/elastic-eslint-config-kibana/npm_module failed: (Exit 2): tsc.bat failed: error executing command bazel-out/host/bin/external/npm/typescript/bin/tsc.bat --pretty --project packages/kbn-dev-utils/tsconfig.json --outDir bazel-out/x64_windows-fastbuild/bin/packages/kbn-dev-utils/target --rootDir ... (remaining 6 argument(s) skipped)
info [bazel] INFO: Elapsed time: 124.045s, Critical Path: 35.98s
info [bazel] INFO: 11 processes: 7 internal, 4 local.
info [bazel]
debg KIBANA_CI_STATS_CONFIG environment variable not found, disabling CiStatsReporter
ERROR [bootstrap] failed:
ERROR The bazel command that was running failed to complete.
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit yarn run | Yarn for documentation about this command.

You'll need to use Linux or Mac to develop Kibana plugins.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.