12factor way of logging to logstash

12factor says,

A twelve-factor app never concerns itself with routing or storage of its output stream. It should not attempt to write to or manage logfiles. Instead, each running process writes its event stream, unbuffered, to stdout .

Advantage would be, we don't have to configure different logging endpoints for different environment(dev/prod), unhandled exception written to stderr won't be missed.

I have some scripts in Python and Node.js which already logs to stdout/stderr and I don't want to modify those scripts for centralised logging.

So, how do I make these logs parsed into structured data and collected by logstash(including multiline errors).

In AWS stdout/stderr from Lambda or Beanstalk are captured by CloudWatch. So, if that's possible then there should be a way to do the same with logstash.

While we are happy to help with problems or have a discussion about something, simply linking to an external site, with no other detail in the post is not the way to do it.

Please update your topic with more information or I'll close this off.

Sorry updated.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.