3rd party plugin - embed data table visualization problem

Hi everyone, I have a problem with a plugin developed in ReactJS.

This problem occurs on Kibana versions Legacy 7.6.2, Legacy 7.7.x, Legacy 7.8.x and does NOT occur on New Platform 7.9.0.

The problem concerns only the visualize "Data table", the others do not have this problem. It must be said that Data table is the only one that bootstraps Angular locally.

The problem is that if a visualize is embedded with the mechanisms proposed here https://github.com/elastic/kibana/pull/46910, but the same is true using EmbeddablePanel, it happens that by writing for example

<EuiButtonEmpty
            className = "editorButton"
            iconType = "arrowleft"
            onClick = {() => history.push('/ workspaces')}
          >

the click triggers a render of the visualize data table and consequently the page is reloaded. On the other hand, I would like the click not to trigger this rendering, since I'm changing the page.

If I have been unclear please let me know, thanks in advance.

Hi there Andrea!

To be honest, it's a bit hard to diagnose the problem without a more complete code sample. If you are able, could you share a more complete example of the plugin code you are working on and what exactly you are trying to accomplish?

That said, I don't believe you will find a strategy that works in both the legacy system (pre-7.9.0) and the Kibana Platform (7.9.0+) due to the changes we made to how routing works for the Visualize application. You will need to have different code that can handle the differences in each, or release two versions of your plugin, one of which is compatible with the legacy and another that is compatible with the Kibana Platform.

If you can provide a more complete example, I can give better guidance here!

Thanks,
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.