We are planning upgrade our Elasticsearch to 5.x from 2.3.4, after read snapshot documents on your website, we realized that "A snapshot of an index created in 1.x can not be restored to 5.x."
This will be a problem, we want to make sure all our snapshot is compatible after upgrade
- We took daily snapshots everyday and monthly snapshot once a month. The monthly snapshot should be incrementally taken from daily snapshot, and we delete daily snapshots after monthly snapshot was done.
- Some of our monthly snapshot (which is in older 1.6.x version) need to resnapped before upgrade to 5.x
- Some of our monthly snapshot (which is in newer version 2.3.4) was taken after upgrade, but those daily snapshot that monthly is using (incrementally right?) were in old version
- Is those monthly snapshot in 2.3.4 but were created from 1.6.x daily snapshot are effected for 5.x upgrade?
- If we take another annually snapshot now (with 2.3.4 version of elasticsearch), will that fix all problem that I have for 1.6.x version old snapshot?