502 Error with add data

Hi

While adding some huge data to elastic search is giving 502 error
I am trying batch insert of 1000 at a time with Bulk insert.

Thanks
Aneesh L

Hi Aneesh,

What is total size of your 1000 documents? What version of Elasticsearch you are using and how many memory your heap size is configured?

Are you accessing Elasticsearch directly or through a proxy (nginx, apache, etc)?

Best,
LG

Hi Luiz Santos

1. ElasticsearchResponse indexResponse = objClient.Bulk(lstRowsToCache);
    • lstRowsToCache is List of 8000
  2. ElasticSearch 6
  3. Default Heap Size, I did not configured
  4. Directly accessing Elastic Search

Thanks
Aneesh

Hi Aneesh,

It happens that using bulk to 1000 documents of 1kb is very different than 1000 documents of 1Mb. You could try to lower the amount of documents to 100 for example and see if the error continue to happen.

Also, can you provide the log error Elasticsearch is throwing? You can find it in a folder called log inside Elasticsearch folder.

Best,
LG

Hi Luiz Santos

Yes i will try with 100 docs.
Error will log implicitly or we need to log explicitly.

Thanks
Aneesh L

Hi Luiz Santos

I am trying to to create more than 100 indices in a single service call. Each bulk insert contains max 1000 records. That time i am getting 502 error. When I reduced number of indices that problem solved. But is there any way to create multiple indices in a single service call.

Thanks
Aneesh L

Is that a real use case, creating 100 of indices in a request? Could you explain?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.