[8.5.3] Unable to download CSV from dashboard / visualizations

None of my Kibana dashboard or viz have a "Download to CVS" option showing up in 8.5.3. What am I missing? Below is my setup:

I've installed the 8.5.3 stack of elasticsearch and kibana from this official doc.

My kibana has the following config:

# Default Kibana configuration for docker target
server.host: "0.0.0.0"
monitoring.ui.container.elasticsearch.enabled: true

xpack.security.authc.providers:
    basic.basic1:
        order: 0
    anonymous.anonymous1:
        order: 1
        credentials:
            username: "${KIBANA_ANON_USERNAME}"
            password: "${KIBANA_ANON_PASSWORD}"

xpack.reporting.roles.enabled: false

I've set up a the target user as per this doc:

User Role:

curl -s -X PUT --cacert config/certs/ca/ca.crt -u "${ELASTIC_USERNAME}:${ELASTIC_PASSWORD}" -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://elasticsearch-1:9200/_security/user/"${KIBANA_ANON_USERNAME}" -d "{ \"password\" : \"${KIBANA_ANON_PASSWORD}\", \"roles\" : [ \"reporting_user_role\" ] }"

User Profile:

curl -s -X PUT --cacert config/certs/ca/ca.crt -u "${ELASTIC_USERNAME}:${ELASTIC_PASSWORD}" -H "kbn-xsrf: reporting" -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://kibana:5601/api/security/role/anon_user_role -d '{
    "name": "custom_reporting_role",
    "metadata": {},
    "transient_metadata": {
        "enabled": true
    },
    "elasticsearch": {
        "cluster": [],
        "indices": [
            {
                "names": ["why*"],
                "privileges": ["read", "view_index_metadata", "all"],
                "allow_restricted_indices": false
            }
        ],
        "run_as": []
    },
    "kibana": [
        {
            "base": [],
            "feature": {
                "dashboard": ["minimal_read", "generate_report", "download_csv_report"],
                "discover": ["minimal_read", "generate_report"],
                "canvas": ["minimal_read", "generate_report"],
                "visualize": ["minimal_read", "generate_report"]
            },
            "spaces": ["*"]
        }
    ]
}'

I'm unable to view a "Download to CSV" in any of my viz / dashboards. What am I missing?

Hi @blueren,

what type of visualizations are those panel made of? Are they made of Lens visualizations?
If you open the visualization in the editor would you see the Share or Download CSV button on the top right navigation bar?

@Marco_Liberati ,

I've just created a couple of viz using TSVB, and a datatable. With a very basic count.
I don't see any option anywhere to get a Download to CSV option. Attached below is a sample viz. I've currently loggend in using the 'elastic' user, which is supposed to be a superadmin of sorts right?

For Agg based viz, you need to enable Show toolbar under Options tab to display the Export link on the data table.

When I open a visualization -> inspect -> Downlowd CSV is visible. But when I make a bunch of vizualiations as part of a dashboard and click on the gear symbol against each individual viz, I'm unable to view the download option for CSV

"Download CSV" won't be visible through the context menu/gear icon for agg based visualisation. Enable the Show toolbar option to be able to download CSV from aggregation based data table.

Thanks. Where do I find the show toolbar option? Is it at the viz level or the dashbaord level? A screenshot would be most helpful!

Options tab on this viz.

The Downloas as CSV action should be visible in the nested context menu of the panel:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.