Access dashboard from other computer

hello everyone,
I would like to know with which server kibana works, I installed it locally but impossible to know if it uses apache or tomcat or others, and I would like to configure the server so that kibana is accessible from another computer connect to the network by typing myip: 5601 / app / kibana instead of localhost.

Hi @broly21

The Kibana server is Node.js. In order to access Kibana from another machine you need to change the server host in config/kibana.yml like this:

server.host: "0.0.0.0"

You should be able to access your Kibana instance at myip:5601

Cheers

hi @sebastien ,
thanks for your answer, i made the change, but it still does not work with myip: 5601

Have you tested this locally first (same machine as the Kibana instance) before trying to access it from another computer?

yes I tried locally with localhost it works but with myip: 5601 load long then I have this error:
Network Error (tcp_error)

• 503 error - Communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Hello,

Just to be clear, when you say "myip" you mean your computer ip?

So http://192.168.1.12:5601 for example.

Locally, don't use "localhost" but the same IP like above. If it does work locally (with the ip) and it does not when accessing from another computer, then it is probably a network issue (are you behind a proxy?).

Cheers

yes when I say myip it's http: //10.X.X.X: 5601, if i use myip: 5601 on my local computer, it makes the same error 503

it's probably a proxy problem that's what I thought too

Try to see if you can bypass the proxy settings for certain URLs on your machine or disable the proxy just to make sure it is the source of the problem.

Cheers

i think this is the proxy the problem i tried with the cntlm proxy and i have this error

502 Connection timed out

Cntlm proxy failed to complete the request.
I will try to bypass the proxy

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.