Add tags to Filebeat module configuration?

Hello Community;

This is a simple question, but I cannot find the answer in the filebeat documentation.

The filebeat for some hosts is configured with specific input filestreams collecting various logs. In order to make searching in Kibana simple each filestream input i tagged with the name of the log, since each log.file.path is pretty long.

At the same time several modules like apache, logstash, Elasticsearch and postgresql are also enabled in the beat. The log.file.path is also pretty awkward for these logs.

In order to query the module logs and make the life for the users a bit easier it would be nice if I could add a tag in each module configuration. Is it possible?

Best regards
@fgjensen

1 Like

The module generated events have 2 fields underevent, event. module which has the module name like apache and event.dataset which would look like apache.access. you could add equivalent fields to ur custom inputs or just set tags via Log input | Filebeat Reference [7.16] | Elastic.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.