Aggregate TopHit based on filter

I am working on a index that stores statistics about issue tracking. Each document is a snapshot of the state of a given project (number of open issues, etc). Each document is categorized by an organization, a project name, and tags.

I am using the "Last Value" in Lens "Top Hit" (in ES) to build graphs and it's working pretty well as long as I have a filter for one particular project. If I don't have an active filter to identify a project, Kibana uses one document, usually the last project that was indexed for the period. I'd like rather it to aggregate all projects.

So I'd like to understand how I can build the same graphs when I aggregate those "Last Value" documents (basically, one per projects). Is there a way to use a filter to let it sum the top hit per project? We're starting so an alternative would be a completely different structure for our document.

Hey - this should be doable. We'll want to run a terms aggregation on the project first, and then run a top hits aggregation on the resulting buckets.

Does dragging the project name to the x-axis (below timestamp) get you closer?

Does dragging the project name to the x-axis (below timestamp) get you closer?

Thanks for the suggestion.

This result in a "Break down by" configuration being added, which creates one line per project rather than aggregating them. I've looked in the option and didn't find something that would aggregate them.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.