Aggregation results in human readable number by default

Hello all,

This is the first time, I'm working with a Kibana and I've been asked to make changes to an existing visualization.

the visualization shows an aggregated value using sum(my_field).
assuming the result of sum is 1,500. the visualization by default converts it to 1.5K

though this is great. I've been trying to show the default number ( comma separated, if possible ). I've gone through the documentation and the options. the value does not change even after changing the format to number and providing format as 0.0 specifically

Hi @Irfan_Harun

welcome to the Kibana community.
What type of visualization is configured at the moment? Is it a Metric visualization?

Also, is it a Lens visualization? What is Elastic version of the stack used?

It is a metric and it is a lens visualization. using cloud elastic, so guessing it would be the latest version.

It is the new metric visualization? I had a similar issue a couple of months ago and the only solution was to switch back to what is now called Legacy Metric visualization.

The Metric visualization show values in compact mode. We're working to fix that and provide more control over the format for the next release.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.