Analyst Practice Exam - user_messages Data View. No Documents

Course: Analyst Practice Exam

Question: Hi, for Q1 I was able to setup the user_message data view and see the fields defined but no documents can be seen, even going back 5 years (instead of the 90 days mentioned). Q2 is fine (apachelogs) but I've lost quite a bit of my lab time troubleshooting this. Can you advise please? Thanks

Hi @bordercol ,

the data is time shifted so you can see them in the last 90 days time range as requested.

Please run the following query in Dev Tools to check the available date in the user_messages index:

GET user_messages/_search
{
  "_source": ["date"]
}

If for some reason this query doesn't return any data or wrong dates we can replace your environment.

Best,
Andre

Hi Andre,

Running that query reports a date range for the index of 1st Oct to 30th Dec 2018.

Thanks,
Ross

It looks like the time shift didn't work.

Please send me your registered e-mail through private message so I can replace your environment.

Best,
Andre

Hi Andre,

Sorry, I can't find any option to message you privately. Can you point me to a guide please?

Thanks,
Ross

When you click my name you will see a message option. You can use that to send me your e-mail so I can replace your environment.

Best,
Andre

Hi Andre, I've been looking there but seem to be missing the option - see screenshot.

Thanks,
Ross

Perhaps you are not logged in. You should see something like this:

Best,
Andre