APM agent

Hi guys.. I just downloaded and installed APM server and its running successfully. But i am unable to install the APM agent as i am not finding the APM agent setup files. Can someone one please guide from where can i download this APM agent setup files.

You need to edit your code to invoke the agents, they aren't separate packages like the server. See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/apm/agent/index.html for whatever language you want.

HI Warkolm,

document says i need to run this command "npm install elastic-apm-js-base --save" . But to run this command i should have this file " elastic-apm-js-base" deployed right?. From where should i get this file?

You download it from the npm server, I don't know if there is a way to do an offline install sorry.

You need to have npm installed (which comes automatically with Node.js) on the machine where you run the npm install elastic-apm-js-base --save command (which you run inside the base directory of your website source code). This will add the elastic-apm-js-base module as a dependency to your website in its package.json file.

But it sounds to me like you don't have a package.json file already?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

We recommend to use npm to install our JavaScript agent. However, you can also download the agent from unpkg.com.
Please note that unpkg.com is an unofficial service providing a way to download npm packages.

Furthermore, we're currently working to provide the final JavaScript bundle through our GitHub releases which will be the official way to download the bundles going forward.

Cheers,
Hamid

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.