APM Data not showing in Kibana

Kibana version: Latest

Elasticsearch version: 6.8.1

APM Server version: 6.8.1

APM Agent language and version: Java and 1.12.0

Browser version: Chrome

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: Source and Docker

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? Fresh

Is there anything special in your setup?** For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. - No

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant): My Springboot application (2.0 +) has the Java Agent added to the start up:
2019-12-16 10:52:42.411 [apm-server-healthcheck] INFO co.elastic.apm.agent.report.ApmServerHealthChecker - Elastic APM server is available: { "build_date": "2019-06-20T14:39:24Z", "build_sha": "9a099b63c53eac8c55707df96193143ec66337e9", "version": "7.2.0"}
2019-12-16 10:52:42.459 [main] INFO co.elastic.apm.agent.configuration.StartupInfo - Starting Elastic APM 1.12.0 as my-application on Java 1.8.0_181 (Oracle Corporation) Mac OS X 10.14.6

All the APM addition steps were followed and show green on the Kibana Add APM link. There is nothing in the APM logs to show any errors. The Java application builds and runs fine but I do not see any traces showing up in Elastic. Is there a step I am missing?

Steps to reproduce:

Errors in browser console (if relevant):

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

Which spring web framework are you using? Spring MVC or WebFlux? Did you go through the troubleshooting guide?

Cheers,
Felix

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.